Thursday, August 24, 2006

Done



Literally, the day before my meeting with the attorney, the General Manager called and said that he had spoken with all the necessary parties at his company, and in under 10 minutes we were talking about whether or not he would be able to find a Rio Yellow in Houston. Here are the details for those who are interested: R&S paid me retail blue book for my car, $25,000. I paid Russell and Smith $30,171.99 + tt&l for a new 2006, Honda S2000 in the same color as my previous car. If you are familiar with the car, you know that is a very decent price.

Yesterday, after work, I dropped the rental car off, got a ride from the rental company to Russell and Smith Honda, and picked up my new 2006 Honda S2000 in Rio Yellow Pearl. The whole process took maybe 45 minutes and thanks to Janet, their finance and insurance person, was quite painless. I intended to have pictures up sooner, but I left the camera on my desk at work, and the memory card on my desk at home so you got a late update. This afternoon, after work, I drove the new car to the roof of my parking garage and took the pictures you see above.

In exactly two and one half weeks, I am 99% done with the whole thing, and it couldn't have come soon enough. I say 99% because I still have to call the dealership tomorrow to make sure my insurance and bank all went according to plan, but I have no reason to think they wouldn't.

I would like to thank God first, of course, but in addition:
  • S2KCA - the members of this and site of this car club were a wealth of information before this whole deal, and were a major factor in all the attention and support during.
  • A Jeep Thing - The guy who runs this site, whom I have never met, took time from his day to help me out, without once being asked.
I would also like to think, all of my friends, family and coworkers who have also gone out of their way to help as well. Sorry you guys had to deal with me. Further, I would like to thank the online auto enthusiast community. I have seen notes of support from owners and clubs of every kind of car you can shake a stick at from Ferraris to Fords.

Last but not least, I would also like to thank Mark Rehkoph, the general Mgr of Russell and Smith Honda. Although it took longer than I would have liked, which is probably unavoidable, Mr. Rehkoph's actions did show that he was as interested as I was in resolving this.

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Make sure to take the dealer info off the car (you should remove the front license plate frame/holder anyway). No need to advertise for these guys, even though everything went more or less the way you wanted. Congrats to the new car!

8:31 PM  
Blogger Truth said...

So happy things finally worked out for you and once it kicked in went smoothly. Congrats on the new S2000. Hope it is more than you imagined it would be.

9:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You worked very hard to get where you are and you played a reasonable and fair game the whole way through. You deserve the car like no one else. It looks awesome! Congrats!

8:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome man! great work and perserverance!

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

some customers relations program they have. Honda is all about taking care of customers anyway they can. Now for the individual dealer its their responsibility to pratice it. In your case they sure did take along time to make a customer happy. Who, what, why, and other questions ? did it take so long to make a customer happy. To me not just happy but to make this customer return back to dealership for services and warranty repairs and also the audience that was involved too. That is not going to make it happen. We don't know the other side of the story from the dealers point of view but who cares it's all about the customer satisfaction which failed. All we need to know car was good intact before repairs (certainly not a recheck) and after repairs wrecked. Chains of commands are useless within that facility. Well even though his car got replaced with a new one I think the dealer could have repaired it a his request then pamper customer to show that the dealership is making effort of customer satisfaction. Thats one dealership customers will think about taking their vehicle too.

8:51 AM  
Blogger Tyler said...

Good to hear.

10:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I read the entire blog, it was deja vu for me. Russell and Smith had my car for over one month as they had put over 400 miles on my car in one week during the time that there were to resolve a warranty issue. I had to fight them and American Honda to get my warranty work done correctly. Secondly, this blog confirms my suspicions that Russell & Smith technicians joyride with cars that are left over for warranty work. They just assume that you won't pay attention to the miles and that allows them to take your car for lunch, personal errands or whatever they do. This dealership is good on prices but poor on dealership. I still remember the GM, Mark Rehkoph, as he would act friendly but really we would not try to help you.

I am so happy that this comes up as number 2 on the google search. It's perfect so those jerks can read all these comments.

1:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any of you assholes ever heard of an accident? I get depressed when I read things like this and can see how much people care about "things" more than people. It amazes me what people think they are owed these days because of an "accident". Injuries not included.

9:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this.Good luck to U!

7:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

brighten up your day by getting the auto loan or commissions you deserve by faking how much you make at http://www.fakepaycheckstubs.com ….

11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good work!

11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new car! Its a shame but things like this happen daily. I've read similar topics on www.dealerrevenue.com

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some of you are very sad.
Mark Rehkoph is a great man.
He's friendly and he does his best to help EVERYONE. He does TRY TO HELP. there's no such thing as perfect service, you should get that into your heads.

5:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow $30k+ for a S2000?
They gave you a 1-2 punch right there.
!st they damaged your car, 2md they even sold you the same car overpriced.
I just got mine for just $28k+ brand new!

2:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there, I hope you still check the comments. I just got my car in a wreck, brand new honda fit, less than 2000 miles on it. Someone hit me. and the insurance was going to pay for it. I'm in a dilemma whether to take it to russell smith to fix it (where I bought my car) or somewhere else. What do you recommend. From the sound of it, you don't really think that the russell and smith body shop and the company itself is very good. Do you recommend anywhere else in houston? Thanks Kenny

7:56 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have a junk 1995 civic I blew the head gasket on and am trying to sell to someone who can fix it.

I googled "Honda buyer" hoping to find a forum of people who buy broken honda's to fix. But this site came up as the SECOND result. I didn't even type in "Russel and smith honda"

I read your whole ordeal out of personal interest and I must say I am outraged that they even joy-rid your car in the FIRST place, let alone put you through so much strife. Just think waht they would have done if you didn't make this website or complained- absolutely NOTHING ofcourse. I would keep your site up how it is now, and let people read your whole ordeal then they will decide if the company did the right thing and if they still want to buy from Russel and Smith.

You suffered SO Much MENTAL anguish throughout this whole thing. I bet your heart stops every time you hear the word "Russell" or "Smith" just like pavlov's dog you are now conditioned to be terrorized by their names. Pssh.. what a shame..


Hope you read this

--kyle

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home