Here is a quick update of goings on:
- I called American Honda this morning and filed a complaint.
- I talked to their insurance agent, who has actually been quite professional and realistic.
- I emailed Marvin Zindler (as about every other person in the comments suggested)
- I found out that Russell and Smith didn't file a police report to document what had been done. This brings a few questions to mind
- Who was driving the car? Was it even a tech? Did they have a valid driver's license? Were they sober?
- When did it happen? I don't know, other than what Russell and Smith says, and obviously they aren't without bias in this situation.
- Where did it happen? For all I know this could have happened 30 miles from the dealership, again, all I have to go on is Russell and Smith (and not even that, since they haven't bothered to provide me with that detail) I will be calling tomorrow for it, we'll see what they say
- Obviously these questions could go on but you get the drift (would like to say thanks to John for getting my brain working this direction)
Here's what I have upcoming:
- Call Russell and Smith and Ask for a detailed description of the accident including location etc.. I think I at least deserve to know that.
- Ask them for the extended warranty. I actually don't know that this ever was pursued other than in my initial "debriefing" with the service manager the morning after the collision. I want to make sure they are a "no" on that. I did inform them via a complaint registered with American Honda.
(I also, just deleted the service mgr's email. In my mind, he is partially to blame because it was his guy out driving my car under questionable circumstances. However, there probably isn't a lot he can do about it, and he has behaved fairly honorably throughout this thing (accepting responsibility for his employee's actions, acknowledging that his employee was probably driving like he shouldn't, and that the whole situation probably shouldn't have happened etc... I feel bad for the guy)